Sunday, February 10, 2013

Strange Dream

I feel so tired and scared all the time. This can't be normal, but the more I think about it, the more scared I become. It's like a Catch-22 or a perpetual motion machine. I can't stop it even if I tried.

I had a dream last night.

I was standing near a cliff. I was barefoot and my feet were damp from the wet grass. There was a man standing in front of me, his back to me. He was standing on the edge of the cliff. He wore a gray suit and hat.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"At the end," he said.

"Who are you?"

"Names are meaningless if there is nothing in them to refer to," the man said. "I could tell you a name but you wouldn't understand it. I could say that I have been called the Eternal Witness, but you would not understand that either. Needless to say, there is very little you would understand."

"Where am I?" I asked again.

"At the end," he said again. "Look." He pointed to the sky. There was something up there, something that was streaking down to Earth. It was turning the sky red. It was growing larger. "The end comes," the man said.

The sky began growing brighter, turning from red to white. "What's happening?" I asked.

"The fifth extinction is about to occur," the man said. "A planetary wide extinction event."

"Is that...the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs?" I asked.

"Correct," the man said. "Although it might be more accurate to call it something other than an asteroid."

As the sky became brighter, I asked, "What?"

The man in gray turned to me and as the sky exploded behind him, he said, "A bullet."

And then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment