Saturday, March 23, 2013

There was an eye watching me from the door of my room.

I was laying on the bed of the motel room. My back was turned to the door, but I knew the eye was watching me. There were eyes everywhere. They crawled over the floors and ceilings, over dressers and tables. They watched me, they knew my every move, my every thought.

I clutched the gun in my hand. I had emptied it of bullets - no metal would harm these eyes. They were not human eyes. They were the eyes made of sin. They saw my every fault, my every misdeed, my every wrongdoing. Killed a boy, they whispered. She killed a boy killed him dead killed him killed him murdered him killed him in cold blood murdered him to save herself she should die just die kill herself she should kill herself killer killer killer killerkillerkillerkilllerkillherkillherkillherkillher

The weight of my sins pressed down on me, but instead of letting them in, I bunched them up into a ball. I took my sins into my hand and made a bullet.

Then I turned to the door and I shot that motherfucker in the eye.

Three down. More to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment